Looking for a Dog Sitter?
Browse loving, trusted dog sitters near you. Get to know your sitter at a Meet & Greet. Then book a stay—at their house or yours. You'll enjoy text and photo updates, 24/7 veterinary access,
and premium pet insurance.
*BCBC has no direct affiliation with Rover.com
Expertise created a guide so people can understand the many health hazards present in the average home, and make quick impactful changes to make your home safer for your pets.
*BCBC has no direct affiliation with Expertise
A Question we get all the time is ...
"I am having a hard time finding an apartment or home to rent -
can you help?"
As of right now, we have researched this issue in the Milwaukee and Waukesha areas several times and have not found any places that we can direct pit bull owners to 100% of the time. Any properties that pop up will be listed below.
That said, we've also asked our supporters who rent apartments or houses to comment on this. Here are some of their comments:
- Housing options are more likely with landlords of privately owned properties such as single family homes, duplexes and small apartment buildings like 4 family units. (NOT the big, managed apartment complexes)
- Talk with other large breed owners (other pit bull owners, Rottweilers, German Shepard's, etc.) for ideas - owners are often willing and happy to share their ideas and experiences
- They've been proactive and ready to talk about their dogs with potential landlords -
- Asking landlords to meet their dog before making any decisions
- Having pictures, references and paperwork for their dog along with them during rental property visits (demonstrate you are a responsible dog owner and renter)
- Most supporters agree that the search definitely takes more effort - it can be just long and hard.
Pit Bull Friendly Properties:
*All properties listed are recommendations from residents or employees of said properties.
The BCBC has no direct affiliation with these properties.
Unfortunately, there are no properties that we know of at this time. Check back often!
A related question we are frequently asked is ... I am looking for long-term dog sitting or temporary foster care for my dog while I am in transition - can you help?
BCBC cannot provide foster or long-term care for dogs, we do not have the resources to do it ourselves and do not know of any organizations or businesses providing this type of care. The best recommendation we can provide at this time is to work with family or close friends and see if they can help you. If and when better information becomes available, we will be sure to share it.
Information for Home Owners and Renters
Home Owner's and Renter's Insurance Companies: Here are a few insurance companies that BCBC members have reccomended as friendly to home owners and renters with any breed of dog:
- Allstate Insurance
- Lakeview Insurance - Dollins & Associates
- State Farm Insurance
- Auto Owners Insurance
Area Insurance Agents:
Andrew McCabe, Allstate Insurance
Office Location: Shorewood, WI
Brian Brecklin, State Farm Agency
Office Location: West Allis, WI
Christina Dollins, Lakeview Insurance
Office Location: Pewaukee, WI
William Masino, Farmers Insurance
Office Location: West Allis, WI
Other Information for Owners:
Municipal Regulations for Owners: Milwaukee and Waukesha Counties
Make sure you know the rules for your area ... fences, yards, leash laws, etc.